Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines?
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

Best beach for a dog is across the river at Waipio. 4WD required and careful crossing the river, big current. Way worth the day trip.
There are plenty others, but not the big ones, No official parks. You gotta go exploring to find 'em.
Dan

Thanks much for the tip Daniel.
Having lived here just over a year, we have yet to explore Waipio and it is now at the top of our list. We hope to go within the month.
Questions: I have a 4WD Jeep that I have taken to Green Sand and out to Kamilo Beach (South Point way) and often go to Champagne Pond.
Do you think I can drive down to Waipio? How hairy a drive is it? The websites and guidebooks seem to warn off driving yourself down the steep road and back out. Is it as hard to drive as they say?
Then if you think I could drive it, what about bringing the dogs and how do I find /get to the beach?
Thanks for any advice on Waipio. We were thinking we would have to either walk down or take some sort of tour which I didn't want to do.
hawaiideborah

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines? - by missydog1 - 12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
RE: "Snub-nosed dogs" denied on Hawaiian Airlines? - by hawaiideborah - 12-09-2011, 02:46 PM