Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun.
quote:
Originally posted by KathyH

It seems to me that deborah is saying you can't have a good vent on this forum for the sake of venting. I've noticed the same.

It's funny, after reading this whole debate, I was in town talking to various locals who were born and raised here and listening to the conversations around me. Everyone talking about the crazy weather and how they had to cancel this and not do that. None of them talking about doing staycations Kona side. They don't have the money, and they have obligations that prevent them from running off to the sun. None of them saying it's worse in Pick Your Place Mainland, because that's not their frame of reference, being born here.

They just deal, and vent a little because venting is how people release pressure.

Actually, that has been my experience. Down at the Hilo market if you listen to the vendors they have lots to say about the rain and none of it is positive. Several of them are keeping track of how many days it is raining in a row. The calendar on her table at the booth is all filled in with rain drops for about 6 weeks. That was interesting. what these locals were saying is that it may not be the most rain in inches but it is going to make some record for the longest period of days if I goes until Jan. 1 and doesn't miss a day.
Anyway, another observation that locals here are "venting" also.
Venting is good for the soul. Doesn't mean you hate Puna or Hilo or rain. Just like it's good to vent about your loved ones...it's healthy.[Big Grin]

Kathy, I love the word "staycation" for those fortunate enough to go stay over on the other side when it is rainy here. Just paying the tank of gas is a lot for some folks. Many don't have the resources to go visit the sun in Kona and have to just "deal". and for those I say "vent away".
Lucky we live Puna, rain and all.[Smile]
hawaiideborah

Messages In This Thread
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by missydog1 - 12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by missydog1 - 12-10-2011, 06:47 PM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by dmbwest - 12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by dmbwest - 12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by missydog1 - 12-15-2011, 09:29 AM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by hawaiideborah - 12-16-2011, 04:48 AM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by missydog1 - 12-16-2011, 09:07 AM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by missydog1 - 12-18-2011, 11:55 AM
RE: OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun. - by Aki - 12-23-2011, 02:21 PM