Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill takes aim at medical pot
quote:
Originally posted by islandlvng

Beach Boy, where did I try to sell the idea that prices are high today? Nowhere. I said a dispencary would charge more than the guy on the street would. So where did your paragraph about prices come from? You state a few things and I would love to see you back them up.

come with it. All I see and read are words from a bitter negative person!

quote:
First, the statement All retired cops support the legalization? All? Second, where have you come up with the information that the medical cannabis industry is about the only industry making money anywhere?

for the most part that true. I'm talking about the "average Joe",on the streets. What Wall St., and the Food industry, are making money.. But states like Colarado , Cali, Mi, Oregon ,and all the states pretty much that have become a medical cannabis state have all gained more money thru cannabis taxation thru sales. Are you aware how much money these despensaries are paying in sale taxes & state taxes? Harborside Dispensary in Oakland owes the state 2 million in back taxes for last year alone! Then think about all the dispensaries up and down the coast, and how much revenue they generate. That's alot of money Cali can sure use.

quote:
I also in no way tried to equate the entire industry with a few guys in Pahoa. What are you reading? Where did I say I feared anyone? Disgust and fear are completely different emotions. You seem to misconstrue just about everything I posted and very clearly so. I think you may be misinformed about some community issues involved with the complete legalization of marijuana on this island.

I'm glad you cleared the air on that! How stupid of me to think it was fear!? Is that one of your mainland qualities you still wear proudly on your chest after 25 yrs here? How can you be disgusted with people you know nothing about? Maybe ,just maybe, the people outside your old bank felt they had no other option then to try and sell there homegrown to pay their rent, bills, feed their kids etc.etc..

I do know a thing or two, and yes our county would flourish if medical cannabis didn't have jerks like Kubojiri in the way. Who I might mention works for the state, and not the feds!!!! Which in this state medical cannabis is legal!

quote:
You make it sound like this would be the answer to several problems with our county and I could not disagree more. As rbrgs mentioned, Fed are still in control. How much help would the county really get with the Feds standing over them? In these hard times, I can hardly believe this industry would flourish when food on the table and gas in the car is more important than a 20 sack. Do you think residents here in these hard times are going to go to a store that is taxed and buy something they can more than likely get from a neighbor for cheaper or grow their own? Im sure residents here would love being video taped on entry and purchases tracked at counter on what they use and how much.

legitimate medical patients could care less if the video is rolling. Listen, the bills and their wording aren't, excuse me weren't perfect. A lot of concessions were made just so the bills would be heard in the house. Concessions a lot of us bitch & moaned about. A good example was the 5 yr pilot program for dispensaries on Maui. They, the Senate democrats* Will Espero & Kalani English, to name a few did this just so the house would approve. Things wouls change down the road.

When is the last time you were in California, or Colorado? No one in their right mind would go to so called "drug dealer". Not when there are dispensaries in every phone book locally. I mean medical grade cannabis is so much better than regular homegrown from the neighbor down the street.

te]Originally posted by islandlvng
C'mon man, prices peaked a few years back because they were flying every weekend. Just about everyone knows that. Now that things have settled back, well prices dropped to where they were and have been and will be for years. This all the same bull different day stuff. There is a far bigger picture than the one you are painting. If you have lived here for as long as you have and done what you say you have done, it's hard for me to understand why you do not understand the current situation the island is in. We need funding and attention going into our hospitals and schools umongst several other things, not jumping through hoops in hopes that a dispencary would last more than 6 months here.

prices peaked a few years back not because they were flying so much. It's called economics 101 "supply & demand". It had nothing to do with "ghetto birds" flying! Currently the prices are at all time lows locally, and the prices are all economically driven too. Nobody has money for good cannabis. Plus, everybody and their cousin is growing nowdays...but with not much success.
I also believe a lot of the local growers are suffering because of bad genetics too. Why is the Big Island growers stuck on the White Widow strain and the Blueberry strain?

quote:
Oh, but wait. You might come back with the arguement that the dispencary will create ample STABLE jobs that pay decent wages and have benefits. Money will go back into our schools and medical centers with all the money our rich residents will be spending on dope at the store in these tough times. Our roads will get fixed also? I will believe it when it works somewhere else first!
[/quote]

look what the cannabis industry has done for Colorado. WE, Hawaii should model our cannabis industry after Colorado's. You act as if only growers and people who work at dispensaries benefit from medical cannabis industry?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!

Messages In This Thread
Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Beachboy - 02-12-2012, 04:30 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by dwedeking - 02-12-2012, 04:42 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Beachboy - 02-12-2012, 05:12 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by islandlvng - 02-12-2012, 06:08 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Beachboy - 02-12-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by rbrgs - 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by islandlvng - 02-12-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Beachboy - 02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Kapohocat - 02-13-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by LeeE - 02-13-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Bill takes aim at medical pot - by Bullwinkle - 02-13-2012, 03:58 AM