Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ?
My son and I recently did the plastic lenses on his hundai tucson. They were pretty bad. We started with sandpaper using a foam sanding block, by hand. We started with 600 grit and worked our way to 1200. This was wet sanding, use plenty of water. Make sure you get all of the oxidized layer off with the 600 grit. After the sandpaper we went to polishing compound (maquires scratch and swirl remover, I think) on a terri cloth buffing wheel. Never hold it in one place or you will get it too hot and gall the plastic or worse. We then finished it with dry wool on the buffing wheel. Go very light with that and keep it moving around constantly but that's what gives it that final perfect polish. They came out looking like new. Of course all of the protective coat is gone.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ? - by missydog1 - 06-10-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ? - by dmbwest - 06-10-2012, 09:33 AM
RE: is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ? - by dmbwest - 06-10-2012, 11:41 AM
RE: is there any way to fix vog damaged windshield ? - by oink - 06-15-2012, 04:20 PM