Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land clearing in Keaau Just west of Hwy 130
They clear a lot of vacant albezia land every year. A couple of years ago it was the triangle east of the HS, & land makai of 130 near the Humane Society. 4 years ago it was the vacant land down from Puna Hongwanji (and we traded an albezia over view for a mountain view....) This spring it was the area just west of the HS, and this newer clearing this summer just mauka of their office (one reason I doubt this is for a shopping center...) The spring clearing gave some of our neighbors a great ocean view, and now we have a great mountain view (amazing what a few acres of albezia will hide!)

At the '07 meeting they did make it very clear that the main focus of the company will continue to be agriculture, and ag. land here has been ripped in the past, so I see no reason to presume that ripping it for ag. now is not reasonable (I am pretty sure they have all of the equipment...based on the clearing that they do, but maybe not....)

I do not think that the new clearing is the 32 acres that were in the plan for the shopping center, which angled NORTH of the intersection, towards the Industrial Park...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Land clearing in Keaau Just west of Hwy 130 - by Carey - 07-27-2012, 04:45 AM