Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling
The devil is in the details. I just read the details of California's Prop 37 which is sold as labeling for GMO's. There are a number of ways around the law (exemptions such as not having to label meat that is fed GMO corn). Also you could easily use the law to close down competitors if you had a staff of lawyers. The "punishment", according to that law, is enough to shutter a small business but will just be the cost of doing business for a large corporation.

I'm anti-GMO without proper testing. I want to know what I eat is safe, not "they haven't proved it's bad yet". But I don't think, looking towards the government is a solution (it rarely is).

"Government is good at one thing: it knows how to break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, 'See, if it weren’t for the government, you wouldn’t be able to walk." - Harry Browne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling - by dmbwest - 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Fight for Non-GMO Foods and Proper GMO Labeling - by dwedeking - 10-12-2012, 03:52 AM