Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halema`uma`u looks high up in the tube tonight
Hanohano Pele! A fiery, angry, and potentially explosive goddess. She scares me so but I love being near her! That's because there is something terribly wrong with me, you and everyone who lives here. I can't imagine what could have put her in such an agitated state. Okay, just joking. I know exactly what put her in this agitated state. I have a theory about Pele, which I hereby copyright as intellectual property, and it goes something like this. You know how they have to go out looking for the baby that is the new Dalai Lama when the old one dies? And that baby is pre-selected? Similarly, I believe there is one person in Puna who Pele has selected to express her emotions in human form, and in a human way. Conversely, the emotions of that person are channeled......through the volcano.

We don't know who that person is and neither does that person. Is she you? Is she me? Is she him? Consequently, it is very important that we all treat one another with extra grace, with kindness and aloha. Okay, I made that last part up. You can do that and it is a good idea, but it won't satisfy Pele. She has a temper and is a swirling cauldron of emotions, and I mean that most respectfully. Something set her off. And once that happens, well, you can't unring the bell. There is no forgiveness. There is just cold and hot. Molten or cold, sharp, flesh-ripping shards.

She is beautiful, and all the more alluring because she is fearsome. But then, what man would want a goddess that doesn't petrify him? Maybe someone will explain that to me. That might not be the healthiest approach to worship. I don't know, are there kindly goddesses? Why would anyone want such a thing? Anyway, I don't think she wants to be fearsome. I think she wants to slumber in the arms of her lover. But she needs a man to match the mountain -- a truly extraordinary guy with Kevlar underwear and a taste for conquest. As few such guys exist, she tends to just make them. They turn into supermen! And then she turns them into bushes, flower, plants, trees, mulch.

Anyway, the question now is will she blow? That's all I wanna know. I think she might, in a safe and sane, Fourth of July fireworks kind of way. In any case, as I have been saying, I have really, really, really been wanting to go to the top, to, the summit for the last few weeks, to look down on her and commune with her. And, you know, maybe I will make a wish and throw it into the world's largest wishing well, as I stand beneath the blaze of the milky way, the purple of the night sky and the crimson of her plume.

I like to go around midnight. Maybe Monday, from the Kona side. We will see what happens after that. Probably something mythical and stranger than fiction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Halema`uma`u looks high up in the tube tonight - by Kelena - 10-21-2012, 06:28 AM