Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Deborah, HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR THE CD NOTIFICATION (I have mentioned this in past threads)

If you have not PLEASE do so! If you have already, did the notification work?

The County CANNOT supply sirens for each & every property owner... yes, by the ocean would seem to make sense, but there may be many issues that make it less viable, things link salt corrosion & background noise & wind such.... there are also areas that may have volcanic emergencies that may also be in areas that may not be good for siren installation....

PLEASE help the county by utilizing the services they offer for all of us, and remember, after listening to what happened out east just last night & watching the 3/1`1 tsunami live... when you live in an ocean flood zone, YOU MUST BE ABLE & READY TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS WITHOUT RELYING ON THE COUNTY TO TELL YOU WHAT RO DO....

Yes, I have been signed up for 1 1/2 years and it does work.
My post was that the sirens are not heard down on Kaloli Point. I learned not to rely on sirens after March 11 and am on the phone call list, text and email. I also let the neighbors know. However, there are folks who are on the beach paths night fishing with the full moon and there are vacation rentals. I am concerned that a siren needs to be on Kaloli Point. There are (illegal) fish camps on weekends often right near Kaloli. The sirens need to be heard down on the water and they are not heard.
hawaiideborah

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by hawaiideborah - 10-30-2012, 04:27 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-30-2012, 11:32 AM