Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast
I did NOT assume anything... nor did I identify anyone when I ASKED if the poster evacuated.... I did ask this because there are those who do/would not evacuate... I want each of us to think back - did you actions & posts offer help? Were you assisting anyone else?

I would hope that the owners/property managers of inundation zone properties would make sure there was notification for any of their clients...
Maybe this post may help some of them make the decision to sign up the vacation property phone (and HAVE a phone) at the vacation rental to the county CD.

The county did send officers, CD personnel & Volunteer First Responders down into the inundation zones around the county, along with having helicopter fly around the island to notify as many as possible... much of the Hamakua Kohala, Kau and Puna coast DO NOT HAVE MANY COASTAL SIRENS...

If you buy here, that may be an important criteria, am I close to a warning siren & evacuation site... Some do check things like this before they buy in an rural agricultural zoned area that is clearly labeled on maps, signage and such as a Tsunami Zone.... some do not...

BTW - look at the age of homes in "the zone" in most of the Puna subdivisions... most are newer than the ones a few blocks back....now think: why wouldn't people in the early 50's through the sixties choose to build closer to the waterfront building sites?

Again, these are not just pocket change, (they cost thousands to tens of thousands EACH), plus installation, post, wiring, monthly signal checks, maintenance, electricity (and more wire, recent copper thefts have even targeted them, and the less the population density, the higher the theft potential...) and salt spray & wind DO effect them...so coastal areas with high salt spray are murder on them....who will anti up for the replacements???

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:20 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:32 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 05:47 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-29-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-30-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by dmbwest - 10-30-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Major earthquake off Pacific NW coast - by Carey - 10-30-2012, 03:40 PM