Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op?
dragon2k - We used to have choke LRFA. Still fighting them, but numbers have decreased. Hilo's Ant Lab told me about a product called Advion Ant Gel Bait. It is made by Dupont and is substantially cheaper then Tango. As the name implies it is a gel and so far it seems to be effective. Even more so when mixed with peanut butter. Our lychee and palm trees were especially inundated. We filled some old bait traps with the mixture and tacked them to trees throughout our property. That was a little less than 3 weeks ago and using the peanut butter on popsicle stick test - we are starting to seeg substantially less ants. You can use Advion (carefully) around food and food prep areas. As far as our trees are concerned they are not currently producing so we feel secure in using the product. I bought 4 tubes of Advion at Amazon for approximately $25.00. The product received many positive reviews and I agree with them. I'm also using Amdro. All in all, so far so good. Good luck to you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op? - by taropatch - 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
RE: Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op? - by taropatch - 05-14-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op? - by OrchidIslander - 05-15-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Little Fire Ants!! Tango Bait Co-op? - by Guest - 05-17-2013, 04:26 PM