Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow
[Smile]

I hope it is still open when I get to Hawaii later this year. I love BBQ, and I hope they people/guy who runs it appreciates his help and compensates them properly.

I wanted to make another point,about how expensive things are in Hawaii. Besides Milk, Cereal and Gasoline things are on par or cheaper than here in Iowa. Even your housing costs are less. Electricity per KW is a lot more in Hawaii, but it sure as heck costs less to cool a house down 6 to 10 degrees -vs- 50 degrees, or heat your house from -20 to 70f. Even at 3 or 4 times the cost of energy.

Heck, at below 90f we never use anything besides a fan anyway. And our electric bill is always over $200 a month. Problem is it will be over 90 for 2 and 1/2 months starting soon. And 75 to 90% humidity.

You have cleaner air and water than here, and we have some of the best of both on the mainland. You also have interesting people there, not just 96% white racist aholes. I almost have to wear sungalsses to go to Walmart.

Iowa is doing better, and there are only a few better places with Pahoa being one of them in the whole world. I am Happa American Indian/German. This time of year before I got old I would get so dark I was mistaken for black, which did not ever bother me anyway.

I know this is way off topic, but I saw the rant about wages. Maybe initally they may be low, but I have had many ventures, and as profits went up the people who helped make them shared the windfalls. I sold my last business 4 years ago for a small fortune to 2 of my employees, and they are still doing fine. They built it with me and deserved it when I had to quit. Cancer really whipped my butt.
[Wink]

I have been sick again, I think we are going to turn it around for me in the next couple of months. Hope to see you soon.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
Mahalo
Rick

Messages In This Thread
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by dmbwest - 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: New restaurant opening in Pahoa tomorrow - by Wuzzerdad - 05-22-2013, 10:56 AM