Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2
I will be at EHCC as well. Looking forward to seeing a lot of pieces by Rod Cameron, Bea Israel, and Rose Adare. All 3 were finalists in Wyland gallery's Best of the West show in Kona (even tho they're all from the east!) -- with Bea taking first place, Rose 2nd, and Rod 3rd. Rose and Rod are imho the island's greatest painters. Rod did the paintings for the 2011 and 2012 Merry Monarch posters. Bea does burned wood pieces that are to die for, many on koa. I don't know anyone who does the kind of work she does - many pieces feature underwater life, as well as heleconia, etc. They're absolutely beautiful. Shameless self promotion: my watercolor-and-inks are on display at One Gallery (across from Pineapples). We have over 50 local artists in the gallery and welcome you all to tonight's First Friday. I'll be at both venues, talking story. Will look for you at EHCC, Carey! --Diane Thornton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2 - by dmbwest - 07-23-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: Artwalk/First Friday/Art Auction Fri Aug 2 - by DTisme - 08-02-2013, 12:15 PM