Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
UNJ - I guess it is safe to say that you won't be taking social security when you finally reach retirement age correct? You will opt out of your share and give up all those years of paying into it correct?

You seem so worried about all the BB'ers sucking it dry and now you are hoping that people who have paid into their entire lives won't take it either. I am guessing your concern of SS is for the better good of the entire nation and not your fear that it won't be available to your when you retire correct?

It would seem that you would follow your own advice for the better good and opt out yourself.

Personally, I have paid into SS my entire life and a rather large fair share I might say. I plan on taking every dime of "my money" that I possible can if there is anything left by the time I hit retirement is 27 years. I can guarantee you that I won't get nearly the amount of money back that I have paid into it. Yes, I have other retirement funds as well(ROTH, 401K, pension, investments, etc). So social security is just one possible income stream when I retire and I will use it.

Malolo - Yes it is. Also said something similar to she doesn't care who pays for the subsidized school lunches as long as it is some "rich guy" and not her. Not verbatim but something along those lines.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by Hawaii Bound - 08-23-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM