Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
Glad the discussion has begun. I dont hate old people. I do not plan on taking social security unless I absolutely need it- just as now I dont have a Hawaii EBT card. I believe in selfsufficiency whenever possible, but if people need a hand, then we are a wealthy country and should provide it. I just want people to realize they have a choice in whether or not they decide to take social security or not. This is not directed at the people who are just scrapping by, it's directed at the people who dont need it, but take it anyhow, and there are many, and it is wrong. IT started out that I got outraged about the older people dissing the young people on EBT and housing and other assistance, and then when I read more and more- I realized what has happened to takehome pay and how much the wealth has been concentrated in certain groups and I felt compelled to write.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by unknownjulie - 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM