Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"

Luckily for me I got a far superior private education, plan to go off grid and I am willing to pay for my roads, just not with a middle man. The roads in my neighborhood are private and superior to the public roads outside. People think that the government builds the roads, they don't, they pay contractors to build them, why cant we just pay them directly? Never known a tollway in worse shape then federal highways as a bonus, faster speeds, safer with fewer police collecting tolls. The grid is already privately owned, however its unfortunate that it is just one government maintained monopoly, it really could be a lot cheaper if they allowed competition.

I find that the Libertarian view is most often among the affluent. I can only assume that "far superior private education" came with a price. As bad as you feel highways are, I can't imagine if they were controlled piecemeal. This is what government does and what a society is supposed to be. We are supposed to take of those who can't take care of themselves for whatever reason. Libertarians always remind me of that old song, I've Got Mine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by jackson - 08-24-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM