Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
Punaweb is quite obviously not the greatest match for my rants about the wealthy, but I live here so I am using it. Older people taking social security that they dont "need" is not the entire problem at all, but they are a huge portion of the population right now- the proverbial pig in the python- so whatever they do can make a big difference. Hawaii has huge amounts of older wealthy people here. Does anyone dispute that? I am just glad some of that money is somehow given back in the form of various assistance, and I do not like over and over hearing about how "lazy" the young people are. Some people have just given up. They have just lost all motivation. Things have gotten so hard for some people that they will retreat and be "happy" with their 1,000 SSDI check - or whatever. They are no longer a contibuting member of society, but something happens in their minds - prior to them actually reaching that behavioral point. I believe that hearing for years "over an over" how "sluggish" or "lazy" of whatever negative traits are assigned to the younger gerations- repeated, has an effect. I would say IMO that about 25% of the people gettting social security checks dont really "need" that money. That is my own personal opinion. Everyone will have a different opinion and that's why there are message boards like this. I also actually find it hilarious that this is put into some "context of me not having respect for my elders" when some of the baby boomers are barely 10 yrs older than me. I think it's more like I see a sibling with their hand in the cookie jar or something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by unknownjulie - 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM