Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

I was speaking at length today with someone who was making more money per year 25 yrs ago, than they make now. This was back when the state basically "gave you free money" (I had a state job then too) in the form of benefits. I dont know what is going to happen and hopefully, I will get a job soon, so I dont have to rant anymore on a message board. I will be too busy! The state jobs back then weren't called "entitlements" they were called "good salaries, and retirements".

"free money" - exactly how did this "free money" come to be in the hands of governments who so freely gave or should i say assigned away? governments DO NOT GENERATE one (1) dollar per say...on occasion the government will facilitate the generation of money but for the most part governments TAKE money from individuals who generate money thru this economy/commerce...government employees DO NOT generate any money in the real cents (sic) either...government employees have a job because of working people in the market place...no market place---no free money

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by Frank - 08-25-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM