Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state"
FYI UKJ,
I work for a living, have ever since I was 14, including when I was a single mother with 2 small kids. "Taking a break" from working was never an option for me. It was work or let my kids go hungry, so I worked. I didn't spend a bunch of time on the internet blaming others for my situation, or that of my generation, though. I also was not, and still am not, in a position to own land in Puna and a house in Hilo, in fact I drive in to work in Hilo and back every day because I can't afford a house in Hilo. You own land and just bought a house in Hilo, while "taking a break" from working. I don't understand exactly what you think the "greedy boomers" have taken from you, you seem to be doing pretty well.

Very few people I know can afford to retire at 62, my retirement will not be until I am at least 72, due to the way the Hawaii Teachers' pension system works, and anyone who does take SS at 62 gets a reduced check, so they probably truly need it and can't afford to wait. I just don't understand where your deep seated derision of an entire generation comes from, did some boomer do you wrong and you want a whole generation to pay for it?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 06:54 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-24-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by dmbwest - 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Why I am greatful that Hawaii is a "welfare state" - by csgray - 08-26-2013, 08:58 AM