Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Vets Say the Vog Could be Harming My Dog
It sounds very much like an allergic reaction - although Puna is beautiful and green, the high rainfall makes it home to a variety of molds and fungi which are endemic to the rainforest. When I was living in Lower Puna, unless it was very dry weather, I felt like I was suffering from a low-level asthma condition: bronchial congestion, dry cough, wake up every morning with congestion in the lungs and head. Vog can also cause those symptoms, but with normal trades, there's almost no vog in the area. There was no way, short of stripping the house of the carpets and drywall, and pressed wood, etc. which hosted the mold, and then run continuous dehumidification, that I could get rid of the mold - and since I was renting that wasn't an option. I had to relocate to a higher and drier environment where the more toxic molds don't seem to thrive.

You might try letting the dog sleep in a room without carpets and, if you can afford the electric bill, run a dehumidifier during the rainy season.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two Vets Say the Vog Could be Harming My Dog - by geochem - 09-16-2013, 03:09 AM