Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's

Aloha Russell. I presume this is Senator Ruderman. There you go again. I read Darwin's book, The origin of species. Its on my kindle list. It was written in the 1800's. The main point was adapting to change. I think Darwin woukd see GMO's as adapting to change. You say that Darwin would not approve because it is "not natural". That is a stretch to me. I did find his second voyage especially interesting.

Re: accusing me of twisting your and Hector's words stunned me when you first did it.
People can make up their own minds. http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2013/1.../#comments.

I pointed out that Hector advised organic growers to seek out high end niche markets and you disapproved of my characterization. But, he said it and I agree that organic farmers need to seek out specialty markets to make ends meet. The input costs in Hawaii are so much higher than their competitors- the industrial organic farms on the mainland. I said, there was a market for locally grown organic food and that was ok. But lots of folks would not. be able to afford it so we need to find low cost solutions as well.

I pointed out that you sponsored an anti fracking bill in the Senate and tried to make it look like I was pro fracking. I could not believe you tried to do that. In Hawaii, we have the conditions to make steam. We don't need fracking. To sponsor a bill to do fracking when no one needs it is insulting to our intelligence. It appeared to be fear mongering to me.

Are you going to sponsor a bill to ban Round Up again? The technology to detect minute amounts has improved tremendously. But, just because we can detect gold in ocean water does not mean we should invest in a business mining gold from ocean water. It's common sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 10-24-2013, 03:38 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 10-26-2013, 08:51 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 10-30-2013, 07:52 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-04-2013, 03:42 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-09-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-12-2013, 07:25 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Richard Ha - 11-14-2013, 06:11 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-17-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-18-2013, 05:03 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-18-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-19-2013, 09:10 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-25-2013, 12:42 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-25-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: Big Island *takes first step* in banning GMO's - by Guest - 11-25-2013, 06:16 AM