Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Healthcare Connector, the failure goes on
Please excuse the rant. Every year at my church, I assist seniors and others with their income taxes. This year, I have tried to help several individuals and one family who bought health insurance through the now defunct Hawaii Healthcare Connector and have had trouble getting a Form 1095. This is required to both prove that they had insurance to avoid penalties and to possibly qualify for income-based rebates.

The whole website crashed and burned after the state spent over $100 million on it, but they assured everyone that the record keeping and reporting functions would be preserved. Well guess what? They are still mailing out 1095 forms with less than a week to file. We will be filing extensions for these folks, but some of them are worried and upset by this, despite my reassurances. And I understand their concern, feeling deep down inside that there is a chance that we will never get some of them. We tried getting them from the Feds, but they could only sympathize and send us back to the state. Our tax dollars at work.

Rant over.

Messages In This Thread
Hawaii Healthcare Connector, the failure goes on - by Chunkster - 04-08-2016, 06:57 AM