Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings!
I lived in a house built by an amateur builder who did not know what he was doing. None of his mistakes were visible until we started remodeling and discovered really dangerous mistakes, it is a miracle the house did not have an electrical fire, or a fire from the really dangerous installation of the chimney and flue. This house was built in the 30s in a time of no code and no inspections.

I could see having the builder beware system Forester is talking about if there was a covenant that the house can not be sold, given away, inherited, or in any way passed on to an unsuspecting future owner. The builder's family would still be at risk, but we really can't do anything about children who make the mistake of choosing fools for parents. (That was sarcasm for anyone who can't tell!)

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by csgray - 01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-01-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM