Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings!
quote:
Originally posted by peteadams

As one example, Rob Tucker's "truly durable" Castleblock building materials which are routinely code approved here indicate that change is already here.

Is it code-approved, or does it get accepted by an engineer-stamped variance? There's a big difference.

Also, from what little of the method I could gather on its web site, it uses rebar-reinforced concrete, which is one of the most energy-intensive and non-durable materials out there. It's nice to have an alternative to wood, but over a couple of decades, the rebar will rust, expand and compromise the integrity of the very concrete it's meant to reinforce. That's why you always hear stories of America's infrastructure crumbling. It's all made out of concrete.

Other alternatives like rammed earth need to be accepted by code, and I know from my experience that they are not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Forester - 01-26-2014, 09:36 AM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-01-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
RE: CRIMINAL penalties for non-permitted buildings! - by Guest - 02-02-2014, 10:16 AM