Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why farmers sued the county about ANTI GMO bill
Rainy, I do somewhat understand the omega acids 3 and 6 I know organic milk has up to twice as much 3 and a better ballance between 3 and 6 enableing the body to better absorb both. The golden rice is great if it stops people from going blind. Was this blindness such a problem before monoculture? You don't think the worlds top soil is depleted? Yes the subsoil does contain micronutrients. Ted, most Gmo grains are dwarfed and the fact that the short stalk and short roots are controlled by the same gene was discovered by H.E. Shashidhar in India usng genetic markers. Dwarfing the stems lets the plant put more energy into the grain, producing a higher yeild. This dwarfing was the essence of the Green revolution which very well may have saved millions from starvation. Albeit whith some unintended results. I think facts on this subject pro or con are few and far between. I do know monsanto sold 8.9 billion dollars worth of seed in 2011 world wide, I would expect them to keep any negative facts to themselves. I know diversity is good. Lealani,ethanol corn is a farm subsidy scam IMO, I see edible corn mostly grown for sowage 5 feet tall used to be 9, small ears not fully kerneled planted 3 to 4 inches apart not the 1 foot that used to be the norm. yeild and nutritional value are very different. I do think this is a touchy subject for many and I do not understand it well enough even after reading volumes of research available through the freedom of info act. I choose to be on the fence and let the people who feel more confident in their position and (facts) slug it out. I in no way meant to offend any one or misslead by stating what I believed to be true. Better for me to stick to the more light hearted subjects. I will just watch this one from the sidelines. Thanks all for your time and civility

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why farmers sued the county about ANTI GMO bill - by fishenjim - 06-21-2014, 05:47 AM