Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Thank you, DaVinci, it was very kind of you to say that about me. However, I can get somewhat miffed with some of the stupidity shown by one or two people on this forum including those who want us to return to the dark ages, so if you see me being less than civil on the odd occasion, please forgive me. I am certainly capable of lacking civility, but please do not hesitate to let me know if I have gone over the top, sometimes I get too upset about where I think our community is heading.

Incidentally, I do not agree with your views on GMOs but I find the discussion pointless these days and have given up joining in the debates. I think everyone is so entrenched with their own points of view there is no longer any middle ground, and I do not think labelling is middle ground, it's a slippery slope that will enable those from the genuine anti-science and anti-logic brigade to get their way. I do not include you in that. But this is Puna. So be it.

TomK, you are a gentleman, and (literally) a scholar. I realize we differ on GMOs and I do really respect your opinion... and I share your weariness regarding that topic, so I will not add one drop more to the debate here. We do agree on other things, aside from GMO, so let's allow all of that to dominate our discourse for awhile. The political season is almost over, as Carol has pointed out. As usual, a wild ride... but I'm ready for a bit more Punatalk and a bit less Puna Politics...

Messages In This Thread
RE: GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO - by Guest - 08-04-2014, 03:18 PM
RE: GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO - by Guest - 08-05-2014, 08:36 AM
RE: GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO - by missydog1 - 08-05-2014, 11:56 PM
RE: GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO - by DaVinci - 08-06-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: GMO Free Hawaii endorses FRANCES Frannie PUEO - by missydog1 - 08-06-2014, 09:19 AM