Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down
How about these reasons:

“I’m shutting the operation down as of right now. I’m laying off the people as of right now. There will be no more ice in Hilo until that person is incarcerated.

“I don’t need this.”

Bockrath pointed to a group of trucks and vans behind the facilities where two police officers were processing evidence.

“They busted out the windows on a couple of ’em,” he said. “They busted up the ignition on one. They ripped one open, took out the air intake, jammed it up. … I don’t know if they dumped anything into my gas. I don’t know what all the damage is at this point. But I can’t run those trucks now. Until I know, I’m not even gonna try. Two-hundred-thousand dollars worth of vehicles right there.”

- See more at: http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...bdBNV.dpuf

Bockrath said he doesn’t know why anyone would vandalize the facility, adding since the storm hit, he’s limited customers to 100 pounds of ice apiece to ensure all customers are served.

“The first day, people were comin’ in, takin’ 300, 400, 500 pounds at a time. I said no (and) cut ’em back to a hundred pounds,” he said. “They don’t need more than a hundred pounds. That’ll carry ’em a week and a half. That was an issue to keep ice going to the people. We donated some to Civil Defense. We worked with ’em. We worked with the Lions Club. They were coming in, taking ice for distribution. We did all we could.

“We had a belligerent, obnoxious, obscene phone call left on our answering machine (Tuesday). My employee didn’t keep it. He erased the recording. I don’t know why. I don’t know if it’s related, that particular incident or not. But it’s that attitude and that kind of obnoxiousness and so forth that I’m not gonna tolerate.”

- See more at: http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...bdBNV.dpuf

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by Guest - 08-13-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by dmbwest - 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by Guest - 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by aunty - 08-14-2014, 02:11 AM