Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down
If the comment had come from someone who was also suffering without power it might have been easier to take, but BB already has been very smug about having an off grid system, so it seemed like laughing at others' misfortune. Other off gridders have made comments about not understanding why everyone doesn't have a generator on hand, implying that anyone who didn't make that investment is irresponsible. Generators that can run a water pump are expensive, too expensive for most working people, and way too expensive for most renters, to have on hand just in case.

I have been coming into work at 5 every morning to do my prep work for my classes because I have no internet or power at home, and then spending my afternoons chasing down the basics like food that doesn't need cooking and ice to keep the little bit of food we have on hand cold. I have students whose families cannot possibly afford a generator, who are having to work really hard just to take care of the basics for 3 or 4 generations in their household, but they are still coming to school ready and willing to learn every day.

Maybe the exhaustion is wearing on me, and my sense of humor has flown the coop for the duration, but to have people cracking wise about a really sucky situation being made worse by vandals just isn't funny to me.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by Guest - 08-13-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by dmbwest - 08-13-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by Guest - 08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
RE: Ali`i Ice was Vandalized & is Shut down - by csgray - 08-14-2014, 06:06 AM