Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power,internet, and bringing a job with you
I work from home for a company on the mainland. I am a database administrator and I remote desktop into various servers and download and upload very large files every day. I use Time Warner and they have been great other than the 9 days we were down with the storm. I have upgraded bandwidth and have not had any problems with my speed slowing down. I can download a gig in just a few minutes..upload is a little slower but manageable.

During the outage I had to bite the bullet and rent office space in Hilo in order to work. Cost me 150 dollars to work there for a few days (had to pay for a whole month) but it saved my sanity.

The first six months I lived here (in HPP) I had Hawaiian Telcom because they didn't have cable where I lived. It was pure and utter hell. It was like being on dial up. Some people on my street had GREAT speed, some of us didn't. They were never able to resolve that issue. Actually, they never even pretended to CARE about solving that issue.

If I were you, I would still with Time Warner. You will save yourself a lot of headache.

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power,internet, and bringing a job with you - by GuyinHPP - 08-16-2014, 03:36 PM