Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving companies & shipping vs starting over
Things we should have kept: all our pyrex, stainless steel pots and pans, good kitchen knives, all those coffee cans full of misc. hardware, all our hand tools, most of the hand held power tools, bed linens, light cotton blankets and towels.

Things I am glad we kept: laptops, a whole duffel bag full of power strips and heavy duty extension cords we brought as carry on (TSA hated it!) my bernina sewing machine, small bedside lamps, my husband's collection of high power LED flashlights, the two books out of thousands I couldn't let go of, family pictures we finally got out of the mainland storage locker after 8 years, art we have an emotional attachment to.

Things I am glad we parted with: fall and winter clothes, leather shoes, my book collection, furniture (even family heirlooms we passed to the kids earlier than we would have), fancy tableware and dishes, Christmas ornaments and such like stuff.

We got a good quality new mattress and box springs, yard sale and craigslist used furniture, and kitchen stuff from Ross and Macys without spending too much more than we sold our old stuff for, and we have learned to do with less stuff in general.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving companies & shipping vs starting over - by missydog1 - 08-19-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: Moving companies & shipping vs starting over - by missydog1 - 08-19-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Moving companies & shipping vs starting over - by csgray - 08-20-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: Moving companies & shipping vs starting over - by Guest - 08-20-2014, 11:07 AM
RE: Moving companies & shipping vs starting over - by Guest - 08-20-2014, 01:21 PM