Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would it wise for PGV at this time to prepare?
Opihikao,

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, I'm just trying to find out if a Civil Defense warning was issued and/or if gas was released. We have people on here saying there was no release of gas and others saying there were.

I find it hard to believe that both the The Weather Channel and the Hawaii247 website would get it so wrong. I mean, there should be consequences for broadcasting that kind of serious information if it is totally bogus. I must admit, I did not find anything on the County site about it.

Remember though, if you read my other post, I'm a veteran of the Three Mile Island accident, and I'm pretty sure we were lied to about that. If there was no release of gas why hasn't the county said so? Or have they and I missed it?

The trouble is, with almost any issue, you can always find pretty convincing material on both sides to back up your viewpoint. I guess I'm a little jaded, but I generally view "official" positions with a little more skepticism than others. Also, I just don't have the time to do enough research.

In writing this post, I ran across another article about it:

http://bigislandnow.com/2014/08/14/puna-...gas-alert/

Now it sound like an argument between the plant and the Civil Defense department. Who can you believe? Of course the plant is going to say everything was OK. But maybe the Civil Defense department doesn't have the expertise to know if was dangerous and just issued it just in case? And if so, why can't I find anything on their website about it?

And this is only one of the many hits by a multitude of different sources, some saying it's ok, others saying it's the worst thing in the world, some in between.

OMG, I know I'm rambling here, I think I'm going crazy. Is it from the gas? No it couldn't be. I'm in Pennsylvania.... maybe it's from TMI!

Arrrrrrgggg!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would it wise for PGV at this time to prepare? - by Guest - 08-06-2014, 06:44 AM
RE: Would it wise for PGV at this time to prepare? - by Chas - 08-21-2014, 04:12 PM