Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People of Leilani ordered tested ? - PGV
Geochem,
You appear to be hung upon and befuddled by my comments regarding so2. If you note further back in the thread I was questioning the actual confinement of the well pressure within the system as it is partly reliant upon the rock structure itself at the actual well cavity region. Any pressure within such a cavity is subject to any faults located within the cavity and therefore would act as an escape route for some of the pressure within the cavity. Such a breach, minor or major could possibly induce more rapid expulsion of SO2 from within the surrounding geological structure. Since naturally occurring h2s is subject to so2 and extreme heat the volcanic conditions naturally breakdown both gasses to a great magnitude when not exposed to rapid expulsion conditions. When the plant undergoes an emergency release of pressure its at that time the well cavity pressure is greatest and any natural faults within the cavity then could become a greater source of rapid expulsion for surrounding SO2 pockets. My initial entry on the So2 matter revolves around the plausibility of such a scenario. To outright assume there are no natural fractures in the structure 'bout the well cavity and no pressure from the well cavity is influencing the surrounding natural volcanic events is foolish at minimum. Furthermore this assumption that I have not taken into account H2S is a misconception. Of the two gasses H2S is the more dangerous because of the necessity for it to be at relatively hazardous levels before noticing its odor. So2 on the other hand is for more noticeable at lower concentrations. So my curiosity is in the reports of the smell accompanied by the possibility of naturally tied in fractures to the well cavity. I would appreciate for moment that you got off your assumption horse and put that big brain of yours into possible explanations for the victims claims other than assuming they are all stupid ignorant people just trying to manipulate the system.

Messages In This Thread
RE: People of Leilani ordered tested ? - PGV - by Guest - 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: People of Leilani ordered tested ? - PGV - by Guest - 08-21-2014, 10:51 AM
RE: People of Leilani ordered tested ? - PGV - by Wao nahele kane - 08-22-2014, 06:01 AM