Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nago explains the Ballot shortage
lavalava said: "Plenty of non Hawaii people post here from Florida to Pittsburg. From Baja to Toronto."

But most of the nonresidents who post here stick to trying to gain information, or respectfully offering sources of information, rather than constantly jumping in on every local issue that the people who actually have a stake in this place are trying to work out, often with a rude or snide twist to your comment. If you aren't eligible to register to vote here why are you jumping in on our voting process? If you don't pay taxes here why are you complaining about water testing being funded with state funds? If you don't live in Puna why are you harping on the Puna Makai route?

I had a housemate one time whose brother in law came to visit and spent the entire time explaining how we couldn't/shouldn't be doing what we were doing on our property (running a home based business in full accordance with the local rules) because it wasn't allowed in the state he lived in. After patiently explaining that we weren't in Orange County, California to him about 80 times we gave up and just told him his unsolicited advice and pronouncements were unwelcome, but if he wanted to talk about something else we would be happy to participate in the conversation. You are acting like that guy.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb

Messages In This Thread
Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by Carey - 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by csgray - 08-24-2014, 04:28 AM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by csgray - 08-24-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by csgray - 08-24-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by missydog1 - 08-24-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by csgray - 08-24-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by missydog1 - 08-24-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by csgray - 08-25-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by Mendo - 08-25-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Nago explains the Ballot shortage - by missydog1 - 08-25-2014, 11:32 AM