Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow?
Mahalo for the update, Carey.

Shame on those who were shouting over each other and belligerent at the meeting. At least Civil Defense (and the Mayor) are advising the community of what they are planning, should this potential flow approach residential areas.

It is interesting (and somewhat disappointing at times) to see people's reaction to this possible event. No matter how much planning, worrying, praying, blaming, shouting, goes on, there is not one thing any human being can to do change what Tutu Pele chooses to do.

(O/T) Aunty Iolani, we miss your presence. Going to mahalo Tutu Pele as you taught all of us with ho'okupu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePX940XaAbk
(*Go to 3:25-5:33 to watch Aunty Iolani honor Pele)

Aia lä `o Pele i Hawai`i, `eä

A ka luna o Kîlauea
I ke ahi a ka wahine

Ha`a ana ka wahine Pele
`Ûhi `ûhâ mai ana lâ

Nome ana `o Pele i Puna
Aia ka palena a`i kai `eâ

He inoa nou a`e Pele `eâ
Ka wahine noho a i Kîlauea

Ho`i nô e ke kapu i Kîlauea
E ola mâkou a mau loa

Kahea:
He inoa nô Pele

Up at Kilauea
Lives the fire of the lady

Madame Pele moves
Creaking and crackling as she goes

Pele moves to Puna
The end is in the sea

Thy name is Pele
The lady that lives at Kilauea

All kapu remains at Kïlauea
And may we live forever

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by missydog1 - 08-18-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-23-2014, 06:09 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-23-2014, 07:01 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-23-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by missydog1 - 08-24-2014, 01:53 PM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by opihikao - 08-26-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-26-2014, 06:56 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-26-2014, 07:03 AM
RE: Has anyone been keeping track of the lava flow? - by Guest - 08-26-2014, 10:10 AM