Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HVO website says the flow was inactive today!
very good images and details on this link
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/multimedia/

large images, you can really blow the images up and see details and individual trees etc.

PS. one pic shows a very large older crack that would face the Pahoa area as well, its to the left of where the flow from the smaller crack stalled yesterday... the pic is the 4th group down, 1st images w/o a caption

Id be worried about ground cracks funneling a good flow farther faster
and also changing the direction, but I guess always downhill, so limited in directions it can go... Just south of this flow is a high spot 1,711' tall called Heiheiahulu, its between the flow and Black Sand Subdivision (fyi Black Sand is about 3 miles away from where the flow stalled)

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

Messages In This Thread
RE: HVO website says the flow was inactive today! - by bananahead - 08-28-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: HVO website says the flow was inactive today! - by Guest - 08-28-2014, 10:01 AM
RE: HVO website says the flow was inactive today! - by missydog1 - 08-29-2014, 10:51 AM