Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism?
Leilanidude, I make $100-125 doing vacation rental turnovers. It usually takes me about 3 hours so thats $33 per hour or more. Not bad for working indoors and certainly better than my landscaping job. Sometimes it takes me longer if the people have been messy or it's been stormy and I have to do the windows. But by far I am grateful for the tourists and their money. Sometimes they even leave a couple beers in the fridge! All of my houses are owned by older people close to retirement with an eventual intention to live here full time. I help them, they help me and the tourists help us all.

All the guests that I talk to chose to stay in Puna because of the natural beauty and local culture. They love Uncle Robert's and the farmer's markets and being outdoors. Any improvement to our parks, oceanfront, and general accessibility would help make this area more friendly. (Is Lava Tree park open again? What's up with Mackenzie?) Those are some simple things that make visitor's experience much better. Many of us have lived here long enough that we aren't impressed by just driving down Red Road but the tourists see how beautiful it is.

Messages In This Thread
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by Guest - 02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by pander75 - 02-08-2015, 04:59 AM