Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism?
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

Just to nitpick..

Every time I go to Kaleo's I can't help but notice the tourists are seated to the left of the door and the "locals" are in the bar side. Take from that what you will but Aloha is not what comes to mind first.

That said I enjoy their tremendously overpriced food especially the pork wontons and filet! Also love the live music when it happens. Nice that we have such a spot in Pahoa. Also very akamai that they have a parking attendant to help people find a spot to park.

Also... Unless something is done about the SUP / commercial kitchen process I doubt puna will be seeing any development anytime soon! Gotta pick your battles and it's hard to look past all the rentals who are clearly already operating under the radar and skipping out on the transient accommodations tax already.

You are mistaken about the seating. I go to Kaleo's at least 3-5x per week, sometimes lunch, sometimes dinner. There is no seating preferences for local vs tourist. The parking attendant is not there to help you park, rather he is there to keep others from parking in their lot and walking to other places down the street.

When Kaleo's was getting tour busses they were always seated on the left, because they brought in 15 or more people at a time. I think locals know to ask for the dining room seating and are willing to wait to be seated for those seats. I know we are, I don't like the atmosphere on the left and always request that seating when I make a reservation.

Messages In This Thread
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by Guest - 02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by shockwave rider - 02-10-2015, 06:30 AM