Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism?
"Another thing I see missing from Hawaii in general is boating. Why doesn't Puna embrace all the luxury yachts, divers, sports fishermen, and round-the-world sailors with some (floating?) docks and marinas? One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen is St Thomas' bay, full of hundreds of sailboats and yachts. All those people could be paying a modest fee for mooring, while dining, fueling up, and purchasing provisions from Puna businesses. Buying rides from local residents via some local equivalent of uber or lyft. Maybe even providing alternate means of travel to and from the islands".

Well, I am a caribeno, raised in the smooth waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
Puna side for sailboats and boats, and yachts?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but this side, Puna, with the rough waves make it impossible for all of the above.

That's why they are all in the Kona side, where smooth waves make it possible for cruises like that.
I have owned 50 footer yachts, and Puna side is a Dramamine kind of place.
Just look at the poor tourists leaving Pohoiki for a lava viewing, all strapped in, facing our waves, going up and down.
You were in St Thomas. Can you compare the two oceans?
No way in hell this side will ever be a sailboat, yacht cruising area!
LOL

punalvr
punalvr

Messages In This Thread
How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by Guest - 02-06-2015, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can Puna grow, find ways to cater to tourism? - by punalvr - 02-10-2015, 03:15 PM