Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-06-15 Hilo Kamehameha statue spear theft

[/quote]

Maybe because it was designed and made in a different time with different standards for behavior than those of today?
[/quote]

the Hilo statue is a newer replica one made in 1963 and erected in Hilo in 1997, the same one that Kauai rejected because Kam I never conquered them...
the most important one is the Hawi one in Kohala at top of BI, its the first one made (1880), it sank in the Falkland Islands in 1883 on its way over here to Honolulu... it was recovered a bit later and sold back to Hawaii and then erected in Kohala, so it was erected slightly after the Honolulu replacement one (the replacement one made after they temp lost the first one in ocean)...

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha

Messages In This Thread
RE: 09-06-15 Hilo Kamehameha statue spear theft - by dmbwest - 09-06-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: 09-06-15 Hilo Kamehameha statue spear theft - by dmbwest - 09-06-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: 09-06-15 Hilo Kamehameha statue spear theft - by bananahead - 09-07-2015, 07:44 AM