Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recent arrival of giant snails to Orchidland
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

Do you have a specific brand name of rat bait you prefer?

I don't know if alensylves is correct about the preferences of the rats, but I do use the Tomcat brand baits. I ordered a 4# bucket of each bait through Amazon. I still have at least 3/4 of each left. I will continue to re-bait occasionally to see if they're re-infiltrating.

The mongooses prefer the Bromathalin. It is not very effective against them. It is for the rats. The Diphacinone is for the mongooses and the rats. The mongooses will eat the Diphacinone after the Bromathalin is gone. I bait the boxes with both baits at the same time. I do not re-bait until all the bait has been eaten. Seems that you have to force the mongooses to take their medicine.

I also get the iron phosphate through Amazon in a 10# bag. Weather permitting, I spread it around the lot with a hand broadcaster every 2 weeks or so.

I highly recommend using the tamper resistant bait boxes rather than a less secure method. Kids and pets are not very good at recognizing property lines.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: recent arrival of giant snails to Orchidland - by Guest - 10-12-2015, 11:24 PM
RE: recent arrival of giant snails to Orchidland - by 1voyager1 - 10-14-2015, 06:09 AM