Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineering malaria out of mosquitos
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Obie,
Thanks for the informative anti-GMO skeeter link. According to Dr. Mercola I learned:

One of the first questions that comes to mind is, what happens if one of the GM mosquitoes bites you? Will their GM DNA be injected into your arm or leg?

The answer I'm sure, is yes. And it could have frightening implications.

As a young boy growing up in the Midwest, I was allowed to stay up Friday night to watch the Late Movie, always a low budget sci-fi flick or something similar like WASP WOMAN!, MOTHRA!, THE BLOB! etc.

So I know all too well that even if the GMO mosquitoes aren't subjected to dangerous nuclear radioactivity (GODZILLA!), Dr. Mercola has logically explained how we humans could still transform into hideous monsters should a GMO mosquito inject us with Genetically Modified DNA (in our arms or legs).

We'll pray we only had the dengue.

Ch. 4 out of Terre Haute had Sammy Terry (ne'er do well son of the station owner) doing late Saturday night B horror and sci fi movies, I saw all those you listed, but The Fly was the one that scared the heck out of me. That last scene where the poor guy with the fly body and human head was stuck in a spider web and crying for help in his teeny tiny voice was just terrifying for a little kid whose baby sitter let him stay up late.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Engineering malaria out of mosquitos - by dmbwest - 11-23-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: Engineering malaria out of mosquitos - by dmbwest - 11-23-2015, 09:29 AM
RE: Engineering malaria out of mosquitos - by shockwave rider - 11-23-2015, 10:25 AM