Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting
quote:
Originally posted by flyingsurfer

I have been on roundabouts numerous times. I have never been on 1 or heard of 1 were it puts you right on a highway. Let alone 1 as busy 130 is.
I would be more concerned about an accident at the intersection of the roundabout and 130.

Agreed, they are rare in the USA. On the other hand, I've been to Australia several times and they are EVERYWHERE and they seem to manage just fine. I don't doubt there will be plenty of fender-benders at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's safer and no red light to slow you down. Win-win.

With a nod to the mental driving gymnastics routinely performed by our own Tom K., once you've attacked a four-way roundabout combining 10 lanes of traffic CLOCKWISE on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD while driving in the PASSENGER'S SEAT...it's all downhill from there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by dmbwest - 04-09-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by Lodestone - 04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by dmbwest - 04-09-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by dmbwest - 04-09-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by dmbwest - 04-09-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: VIDEO: Puna Traffic Tension Boils Over At Meeting - by dmbwest - 04-13-2016, 04:52 PM