Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition for Internet expansion in Puna
http://cca.hawaii.gov/catv/files/2016/03...lFinal.pdf

An amusing read; Oceanic/Spectrum can probably be challenged, if anyone wants to waste money arguing with PUC. It was really hard to pick just 3 paragraphs...

OTWC's request to consolidate the East Hawaii and West Hawaii Cable Franchises into a single Cable Franchise covering the entire island of Hawai'i, County of Hawai'i, is granted on the condition that the quality of service will be the same for all areas of Hawaii Island.

Provide a broadband service for low-income consumers in Hawai'i (providing households with children that have a student participating in the National School Lunch Program and seniors, age 65 and older who are eligible and receive federal Supplemental Security Income benefits, with broadband service initially for $14.99/month, at speeds up to 30 Megabits per second ("Mbps") download, and 4 Mbps upload) within three (3) years of the close of the transaction.

During the term of this Cable Franchise, OTWC shall make available to all residents on the Island of Hawaii, its Cable Service, which shall include the minimum programming specified in the following Section N.C. of this D&O. OTWC shall not deny service to any group of potential Subscribers because of the income of the residents of the local area in which such group resides, provided the local area otherwise meets OTWC's twenty-five (25) homes per mile line extension policy and the feasibility provisions set forth in Section IV.R.6. of this D&O.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition for Internet expansion in Puna - by Guest - 06-16-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: Petition for Internet expansion in Puna - by kalakoa - 06-17-2016, 04:41 AM