Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt.
quote:
Originally posted by mermaid53

8F and TomK..as I said I know the source of where this is coming from. I've spoken to PAKA's admin, a friend of mine. He said he'd be sending an email out. My husband has spoken to the young man and he was told there was concern over the drone flying over properties during the day and night. He knows now. There was nothing sinister about his activity. It's new, he's learning to use it...there's no zoom camera on it.

8F, was the drone flying next door or over your property? He lives near you and if he's flying the drone over his own house or in the empty lots next door.....

We may be getting into jurisdiction beyond NW. The admin is a volunteer and goes way above and beyond his duties as it is, which we so appreciate. I used to be a patroller for a few yrs and this wouldn't have been something we would get involved in...not criminal activity. It's time to assess when/if the lines were crossed. I haven't read all the links provided here on this thread... I'm not defending this activity..it was flying in the empty lot next door to us.

I remember people asking Kaloli Pt's NW to take care of things that were neighbor issues, and were instructed to contact the police themselves. Sometimes a friendly chat w/your neighbor may fix the problem... These are nice people who are transplants from Alaska. They are still adjusting to close proximity of neighbors.

So the question now is where exactly was the drone flying last night? Over your property, right next door???? I personally wouldn't want to burden the NW with something that "may" be a neighbor issue, not criminal. 8F, you can contact me if you want more info.

Mermaid 53, Why do you not consider a "peeping tom" on your/above property not to be criminal activity?

Did you check out the camera as not being a zoom lens or did you just take the kids answer as the truth?

"Nice" people would not do these things be they from Alaska or Timbuktu!

Slow Walker

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by Guest - 03-16-2017, 06:15 AM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by dmbwest - 03-16-2017, 07:37 AM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by Guest - 03-16-2017, 09:41 AM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by Slow Walker - 03-19-2017, 04:29 AM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by leo - 03-19-2017, 03:24 PM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by leo - 03-19-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: Someone flying a drone at Kaloli Pt. - by leo - 03-19-2017, 04:29 PM