Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give your Union a Shaka! How about a finger?
Markd....anyone can apply for a union position.. I had zero experience when I applied for the apprenticeship. There are many high paying jobs here, it's just how much people want to apply themselves. I don't have tv so I can't speak for the commercials. But I often hear about "low wages". Sure, if your skill set is nothing...expect a low paying job. But if you have the drive to better yourself, good jobs are out there. You might have to travel to Oahu for a bit, but in the long run the sacrifices are worth it. I grew up in a fairly poor family, now I have a comfortable life based solely on my ambition. And from what I've seen, most of the government jobs really don't pay that well, sure the paid days off are tremendous, but in the long run, good investments and wise decisions will dictate the quality of a persons retirement. The mentality of "winning the lottery" with a government job is ridiculous. If winning the lottery means dealing with all the bs, drama, and politics that come with government jobs......no thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Give your Union a Shaka! How about a finger? - by Mopar - 09-05-2017, 06:24 PM