Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues
I have also had issues with the Hilo Airport Post Office where I get all my mail. They sent packages back to the senders when they were supposed to be holding my mail during a vacation and then refused to refund the charges to the shipper. When I complained, I was told, "Yes we were supposed to hold your mail, but we only held the letters." What? A $55,000 cashier's check sent certified, return receipt with tracking was logged in as in the local office and ready for delivery, but it never turned up in my box. Three weeks later and after I had paid the Georgia bank fees for wiring the money and cancelling the check (not easy to do) they found it. When I complained the clerk at the front desk just rolled her eyes and said, "Three weeks isn't that bad. They should have paid extra for overnight." I pointed out that it was in their location five days after it was mailed, but it took them three weeks to get it in my box. She just shrugged at that. I asked for a supervisor and got an apology for both the incident and the clerk's attitude. The supervisor acted like it wasn't that unusual for such things to happen. And since some of you are probably wondering, it was a Georgia estate attorney who told the bank to mail the check. At least the bank had the sense to track it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Chunkster - 10-31-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Guest - 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Chas - 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM