Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues
quote:
... Not when it's the only way to pick up your packages. ...

I will have to admit that I do not interact with the P.O. much any more other than saying hi to the carrier as they deliver our mail and packages to our home.
I so enjoy my interactions with the P.O. people now, just as much as with UPS and FedEx, but more often.
It's like Christmas morning every time I see them.
Home mail delivery was a conscious decision in deciding where we would live here on B.I.
If you don't have home mail delivery then you made the conscious decision that it wasn't important, that you could live without it.

But, through the last 20 years or so, every P.O. I can remember visiting has a dutch door where you can pick up missed deliveries by presenting your delivery attempt receipt.
Those doors have a sign with the time they are open, usually a few hours just before the lobby opens and a buzzer to call for help.
Time your visit to the P.O. to that time period to collect missed packages.
The longest line I've ever had to stand in using that service was 1 person ahead of me.
If you commute to town regularly, all you might need to do is get up and leave a few minutes earlier.
Probably still a lot less time than standing in line for it.
The lack of aggravation will probably extend your life many times beyond the time saved from standing in line.
Sounds like a win-win-win to me.

Welcome to Puna, the land of the Vocal Lunatic Fringe.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.

Messages In This Thread
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Guest - 11-01-2017, 08:03 AM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by 1voyager1 - 11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: disturbing Hilo Airport USPS issues - by Chas - 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM