Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Public Schools & Teacher Salaries
People with kids in private school pay the same into the public school system as people with kids in public schools. They pay for services they aren't using. The only tax break they get is from earnings they get on the money they set aside to pay for private tuition. They already paid taxes on that money the first time they earned it. I fail to see how the public schools are getting 'screwed' by this process. Anybody can use this process, we used it when we were saving for our daughter's college, and she goes to a public university.
--------
Thank you, terracore, for the nice response.

Ant to HOPTE - If ever increasing money to public education on the guise of "for the children" hasn't worked for 40+ years under Democratic rule, then more money isn't the answer! All we have done is enable teachers to make $100k a year with pensions and benefits that are not available in the private sector.

ps - don't tell me to provide proof of $100k a year teachers. It is PUBLIC INFO and all of the state complexes have to provide it if you file a FOI request. I have provided this before, on Punaweb.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaii Public Schools & Teacher Salaries - by leilanidude - 12-03-2017, 08:19 AM