Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna traffic cams no longer available?
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

$320M/year is part of what budget, exactly? And what experience/knowledge do you have

County budget is $491M, of which 65% is salaries/benefits, or about $320M/year.

For $320M/year, I expect some competence or expertise -- yet County always has to hire "consultants" to perform "studies" and write "plans", which strongly suggests that County lacks the knowledge necessary to perform functions required by the public, in which case we're being massively overcharged for the "administrative support" necessary to hire those consultants and read those reports.

As for the technical aspect: it doesn't take much "infrastructure" to assemble wireless camera pictures into a webpage. Unfortunately, I'm just an engineer; I lack the "soft skills" necessary to sell a cost-inflated solution to County.

Seriously dude you might want to consider moving, all you ever do is complain and whine. I have been wanting to pick apart any idea of yours for a while, but frankly you never seem to have anything proactive to offer, just complaints.

In case you never noticed the big island has a lot people wanting growth, people wanting growth just not near them and no growth at all, and all shades in between. Politicians order study after study so they can say they are listening to peoples concerns without actually taking a position. If you notice the council very rarely acts on any of the countless studies they order, because once they actually make a decision it's political suicide.

So let's force you to actally answer something instead of complaining. If you were mayor, do you support pmar and (and if so) where should it be built and how will uou pay for it? Are you going to take on shipman and force hpp to give up their land or condemn lands up mauka? It's really easy to give broad ideas, but the devil is in the details.

BTW, I Have my issues against the county, but taxes aren't one of them. My property taxes (900/yr 75/mon) + water (35/mon) + fuel tax (11.50/mon or 50 gal x 0.23 yes i am using the new higher rate) is way less than my att bill and a little less then my spectrum bill. If we are taking state taxes though, i think we get the shaft, but that is another story.

I am just sick of your uninformed endless complaining without any ideas or solutions. Put up an actual idea or anything productive for once.

Messages In This Thread
Puna traffic cams no longer available? - by TomK - 01-24-2018, 09:41 PM
RE: Puna traffic cams no longer available? - by Mtviewdude - 01-26-2018, 06:50 PM