Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling your house: Ways to improve it!
Lucy, your note reminded me of our house sale 1 1/2 years ago. We started downsizing 2 years ago, thinking that we would be RVing for a few years to find our next home. All of our big furniture went to a couple of friends who were starting out a second time (one had not had a house for over 20 years, after being in the Peace Corps!)
When it came time to list our house, we actually had very little furniture and mostly bare walls! Used a folding table as our breakfast room table, slid black plastic drain tubes over the folding legs (one 10' piece covered the 4 legs), borrowed some cafe chairs from a neighbor, placed a pretty table cloth, set the table for 2, with sparkling glassware, candles & flowers (same for the formal dining room) had a couple of chairs in the living room with a small table, same for the family room, these were all nice sized rooms, 15' x 25'-35'. It was amazing to see them that empty & huge looking. We had painted the inside of house all white 14 years prior, the paint was still in good shape, just cleaned the walls, touched up where the pictures & nicks were, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned!
It did pay off, we sold for way over list, & list was way higher than we thought it would be!
Now we are living in Puna, & I am back to student life (actually, I never did 'go away' to college, so this is my first time to go away to school. So 30 years later here I am, & pursueing the degree I always wanted, but was 'totally unpractical'!! WoooHOO!!!)
Aloha, Carey

Messages In This Thread
Selling your house: Ways to improve it! - by Lucy - 08-09-2006, 12:55 AM
RE: Selling your house: Ways to improve it! - by Carey - 08-12-2006, 03:17 PM