Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kikala-Keokea Homesteads
Punamom, Rick J and John, I am indebted to all of you and wish I could have each of you as neighbors. Here’s my story: I have a friend who has a condo in Kauai and she kept encouraging me to go there. I had no interest in going to Hawaii: I live in Southern California – we have beaches, we have near perfect weather, why would I want to go to Hawaii? My friend kept politely reminding me of her offer and finally, I booked a trip, for February 2006. And then the rains came to Kauai. The road to her condo in Princeville was closed and my partner wanted to cancel the trip. I called Hawaiian Airlines. They were allowing people that were traveling to Kauai to travel instead to another island. I had done some research and I chose Molokai. We arrived at the tiny airport to a glorious sunny day and many genuine smiles. Aloha descended upon me immediately. Went to the dry side; went to the wet side. By the time I left, seven days later, I had nearly gone native. I left, learned who Hapa and Izzy are, bought a ukulele and decided that I would be relocating. No one, and no reality –not centipedes or croquis-- I did my research and saw that the best values were on TBI, and, of course, the most intriguing vibe! Thanks Punamom – I was blown away by your detailed answer. The bulge is pretty spooky. I am alternately repelled and attracted by the thought of living anywhere near a volcano. What is a rift? Is being on a rift a good thing? All I would be concerned about is lava overrunning the property. Mahalo especially for your tips on valuing the property. Extraordinary. Rick J: Hey, that’s my house! But seriously, it does sound like a wonderful place for you. I would be very curious to hear your thoughts after your trip (have a wonderful time). John D: could you tell me more about why you think it is a nice location? The location (lava, hot, hot lava) is my only concern. Any thoughts on that?

Messages In This Thread
Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by Kelena - 08-24-2006, 02:17 PM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by Punamom - 08-24-2006, 09:05 PM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by rick j - 08-25-2006, 06:53 AM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by jdirgo - 08-25-2006, 09:45 AM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by Kelena - 08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by lkrider - 08-25-2006, 03:10 PM
RE: Kikala-Keokea Homesteads - by jdirgo - 08-26-2006, 06:47 AM